Pages

Sunday 27 June 2010

Ponyrock


I had been planning on writing a proper World Cup post for weeks, but somehow I never got around to doing it, so I decided to just leave it. It's still going on for a while and maybe I will write one, if Germany beat England today and I get more excited about all this again. If they won't I don't think I'll want to even think about this topic for another 4 years.

So instead this will be a post about my last week. It was a good week. I had little chats with Juan, who I miss incredibly these days. I think it's because of the football. He is mainly one of my best friends because he is the only one who gets as excited as me every time Germany is playing. (Example, a minute after we lost the game against Serbia last week I received the following message: "LEIN - This is fucked! I hate my life!") Haha! Bless him.

On Tuesday I went out with Alexa ans Kirsten and had the girliest night out since I was 14. We giggled a lot and talked about pubic hair styles and ex boyfriends. Quite embarrassed. (But not too embarrassed to blog about it.)

We then met again on Wednesday for the England and the Germany match. We looked ridiculous and spent a ridiculous amount of money on beer and greasy food (cause we all were still so hungover from the day before), before a group of old men, who were obviously enjoying our short-skirted-low-cut-necklined-drunken-flowery-Germanness, started refilling our glasses for free over and over again all evening.

I went straight home after the Germany game, tho, cause I had to give a presentation on Thursday morning. Can you imagine? ME walking away from free beer and football merriness??? I hope my presentation group appreciated the fact that I turned up in time and completely sober. GRMBL.

Then Friday I had THE BEST NIGHT since I moved back to Konstanz, seriously. Now I look a little bit like the Milka cow with all my purple spots and my bike looks a bit like I found it in the lake with its twisted mudguard and dirt all over it.
Still don't dare to have a look into my wallet and see how much money I spent that night, oh dear...

Current countdowns:

6 days until London pride
4 days until Lonodon
30 minutes until Germany playing England

No comments:

Post a Comment