Pages

Friday 28 May 2010

ketchups


Right. It's been a while... again... and a few nice things have happened. Then a few less nice things have happened. I kind of don't want to write one giant confused blog entry about all those things, cause I am a neat and tidy person, as you all well know.


But then again, I am too busy these days to plan things through (or write more often), so here is the rest of May in one giant confused blog entry:



Oh yes, the table.

So, my parents bought a table. That is big news, because they've been talking about doing this since we moved into this flat. That was in *tries to remember* 1998.

Lots of things happened that year. My brother started school, my mum had to go to hospital, I bought my first and last pair of high heels. (Don't remember what my dad was doing. Probably celebrating Lautern winning the German championship.)

It is probably only my family that needs 12 years to buy a table. (Once it took my aunt 2 years to decide on a bike and when she finally went there to buy it, it was gone. I don't know if she has decided on another one, yet.)
Then again, it is the first table my parents ever bought (anyone who's ever been to our flat might have realised that most of our furniture is flea market stuff...) and obviously they want to think it through properly and buy the perfect table.

They ended up buying one they saw in a catalogue and it has a spot where the varnish is missing. My mum is very unhappy with it. I like it, cause for the past 24 years I was the one who always had a table leg between her legs. So I am quite excited about my new leg room and can't stop moving my feet while eating.

Other than that I haven't been very active lately. I had planned on going to uni by bike all the time and going for lovely long walks on the weekends, but somehow the Weather Gods destroyed those plans. That was one rainy May...

Except for the weekend when it was important that it wouldn't rain: Yayay! Ros came over for a couple of days and we did get to sit in beer gardens and parks a lot and get a little sun burned. (Fank you, St Peter...) At one point I spilled ten beers at once. That is my new record and I am very proud of it.

Next month more exciting things will happen. Tomorrow evening for example I will go to London to have a late night pint with my girlfriend and maybe buy a new bag. And then we will go to a festival in Yorkshire, which I am looking forward to a LAAAWT.

Also the World Cup will start. I am getting ready for it. I washed my Germany-Shirt and put all the Germany games in my imaginary calendar.

the same weekend it starts, though, the big flea market in Konstanz is taking place. I can't WAIT to go there, cause I haven't been in years. And it is the bestest flea market ever. It is. (Apart from the beer stalls close at 11 pm...)

So yeah, I am quite excited about June. Hau rein!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you got me all excited about the new table there... it must be such an awesome feeling to be able to wriggle your feet about after 24 years of restriction... :-)
    And World Cup - Yeeeey - Schlaaaaaaand... can't wait!

    Apart of that - trying to imagine your 13-year old self in high heels....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well my 13-year-old-self wantedwantedwanted those shoes and then wore them twice. Once in the lido (well, not IN the lido. Not in the pool at least. On the way to the lido.) and once on her first day at the new school. I also wore a flowery dress for that. They are still my favourite shoes and my favourite dress of all times.

    The table is ACE!

    ReplyDelete